SILA Foundation Scholarships
Scholarship Sponsored by Securities and Insurance Licensing Association Foundation
Between April 1st-May 31st each year, the Securities and Insurance Licensing Association Foundation, Inc. (SILA Foundation, Inc.) is proud to offer the availability of twelve one thousand dollar ($1000.00) scholarships to students focused on careers in the insurance and securities industry for use at any accredited post-secondary college or university within the continental United States.
The Securities and Insurance Licensing Association Foundation, Inc. (SILA Foundation) is proud to announce the availability of twelve (12) one thousand dollar ($1000.00) scholarships to students focused on careers in the insurance and securities industry for use at an accredited post-secondary college or university. Post-graduate studies applicable.
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 or better
- Be enrolled in one of the following areas of study:
- Insurance/Compliance/Risk Management
- Finance/Accounting/Actuarial Science
- General Business
- Business Administration
- Business Information
- Business/Management Information Systems
- Information Technology
- Be enrolled in a minimum of twelve (12) credit hours at an accredited post-secondary school OR
- Be enrolled in a minimum of nine (9) credit hours at an accredited post-secondary school AND employed part-time working at least 20-hours weekly OR
- Be enrolled in a minimum of six (6) credit hours at an accredited post-secondary school AND employed full-time working at least 32-hours weekly
- A completed and electronically signed SILA Foundation Scholarship Application (submissions only accepted between April 1-May 31)
- A copy of a scholastic transcript that proves the academic requirement Note: If you are a high school graduating senior please provide a copy of your high school transcript. If selected, you MUST provide a copy of your upcoming fall enrollment schedule from your college/university before we can release the funds.
- A letter of reference
- Employment verification letter if applying for consideration as a full-time employee
Note: If you fail to provide all required documentation at the time of application, your application will not be considered. If you request a copy of your transcript to be sent directly to us from your college/university, please upload the receipt from your request.
What you need to know
- Applications are accepted from April 1 through May 31 each year
- Scholarships are awarded for the upcoming school year
- Recipients are awarded based on the substance and value of the application information provided
- Applications are evaluated and approved by the SILA Foundation
- If chosen as a scholarship recipient, proof of citizenship or permanent residency is required (i.e. copy of US Passport, or birth certificate, or state issued driver’s license, or USCIS Permanent Resident Card)