Jim Poore Memorial Scholarship
Scholarship Sponsored by Idaho Community Foundation
Email completed PDF applications to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 11:59pm MST on March 15th. Late/Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Who Can Apply?
- Graduating high school senior in Ada, Adams, Boise, Canyon, Elmore, Gem, Payette, Valley or Washington counties; OR graduating high school senior in Marsing, Homedale, Bruneau or Riggins; OR freshman or sophomore level college students attending the University of Idaho or Boise State University;
- Preference given to students attending or planning to attend University of Idaho or Boise State University;
- Idaho resident;
- Minimum 2.5 GPA;
- There is no financial need requirement.
Required Application Materials
- Copy of your most recent unofficial high school transcript or college transcript. Non-traditional students that have not attended school recently must submit their last grade transcripts along with a history of employment.
- A written statement (1-3 pages in length) addressing the following:
- Educational, career goals and objectives;
- Extra-curricular activities, volunteerism, awards, honors, and/ or offices held;
- Work experience and if you plan to work while attending college;
- Why you should be selected for this scholarship;
- Creative Writing Sample:
Choose ONE of the following three prompts and write a 300-word short story, news article, or opinion piece. Be creative and original.
- Is it preferable to have a few close friends or a wide variety of friends and do you think it is possible to have life-long friends?
- Does social media enhance or inhibit friendships?
- Describe a situation when a friend personally helped you or was there for you in a meaningful way.
- Interview with Scholarship Committee (finalists will be contacted).