Idaho Turn Around Scholarship Fund
Scholarship Sponsored by Idaho Community Foundation
The purpose of the Turn Around Scholarship Fund is to provide scholarships to deserving seniors who have been able to turn their lives around despite difficult home situations.
The scholarship is made possible through the generous contributions of many in the community including: Gladys E. Langroise Fund, Les Bois Kiwanis Club, Boise Sunrise Rotary Club, Heritage United, Joe’s Kids, Idaho Power, Meridian School District Counselors, Idaho Mountain Touring and individual donors.
Scholarship recipients will be selected on the following basis:
- Cumulative GPA
- One- to two-page letter (typed, 12-point font) by applicant stating how they have turned their life around and what personal struggles they have overcome
- One reference letter from a school counselor, principal, teacher or coach
- School counselor or principal can nominate two students from their high school to be considered for the Turn Around Scholarship
- Students cannot nominate themselves for this scholarship. The nomination must come from a counselor or principal.
To be eligible for consideration, the student must:
- Be a graduating senior from a public high school in the West Ada School District, or the Boise Independent School District
- Submit a completed application